Aller au contenu
News ticker
  • Bienvenue sur le nouveau forum VeryGames
  • Welcome to the new VeryGames forum
  • VeryNews

BigBrother Plugin/MySQL Help

Irobot335

Messages recommandés

If you have a website through verygames or access to another mySQL database, you can use mySQL, otherwise I would recommend to use H2.

For verygames it is quite simple, since if you have a website hosted here, you will see the login details inside your verygames panel which you need to enter in the bigbrother settings file, found under plugins\big brother\ Every setting is quite good explained inside that file, but you may find more info on the wiki or youtube vids.

You are right bigbrother is a very good tool to track down griefers and after permissions probably the best anti griefer tool there is, but the proof you get from here is not always what you are looking for, for instance when I am trying to put down a fire, I don't use water, but dirt blocks for instance, since this makes it more controllable and you are better capable of isolating a fire before it jumps over to other structures.

Hope this all explains things for you alot better.

Hi, thanks for responding, but i can't help but noticing the "www" folder when you connect to ftp on the verygames, so i was just wondering if that can act as a MySQL database, or even a website?

Also what is this H2 that you a talking about, if I can't get MySQL set up

Thanks,

Thomas

The www folder probably is to put your website and you probably got this for free because you also ordered a voice pack.

But connecting through ftp doesn't connect to any sql server because that is a completely different protocol and probably on a completely different physical server too.

H2 is more like a standalone replacement for mySQL, this will create a local database which is accessible through ftp. Because this is read as some kind of textfile and not as a specialized database server, this will grow slower the bigger the database gets, but still works great.

Hi, I didn't buy a voice pack with the server but it is still there anyways so, :?

But anyways, I don't have a MySQL server so could you please tell me how to install and use H2 for BigBrother? Thanks :-P

(Also i still have the 5GB storage space so size shouldnt be an issue :-)

H2 will be installed by default in bigbrother, since mysql is more difficult with hostnames ports usernames and passwords and not to mention any database names.

So if you install bigbrother on your server and start it the first time, it will automatically create the H2 database unless you changed the default settings.

You can't open these files directly, it won't show you any usable data anyhow.

Things you can do now for instance..... /bb here ..... this will show any logged info on the spot you are standing on, if you use bigbrother's magic stick (preferably when you have an empty hotspot selected) /bb stick 1...... this will show who opened chests etc, when clicking with the stick on a chest.

/bb stick 2 will give you a log that will show you more info after placement on who or what destroyed blocks etc. if you use /bb stick 0 you will get the previous hold item back, for instance if you used this command while holding your diamond sword, this will give it back again, you need to do this however before signing out, so it's better to use an empty slot instead, just to be safe and in case of any powerfailure for instance....... nobody wants to trade a diamond sword for a wooden stick or log.

Can you be more precise?

You mean /bb stick 1 doesn't give you a stick or after clicking something with the stick it doesn't show you the data from the database?

In either way it is probably because you didn't give yourself or other users permission for big brother, you can see the permission nodes here..... https://github.com/tkelly910/BigBrother/wiki/Permissions