Aller au contenu
News ticker
  • Bienvenue sur le nouveau forum VeryGames
  • Welcome to the new VeryGames forum
  • VeryNews

Our experience with VG so far

frozencanadian

Messages recommandés

So we have been using verygames for a VQSi Minecraft server, web hosting, and voice chat services since early summer of this year. After today I thought I'd post a few things that are great about the service, and a few of blunders.

-Hardware wise the servers run great, and VG does a damn bang up job of keeping everything ticking along nicely. Its wonderful to not have to worry about your host having issues, drama, and mass malfunctions constantly. Really I am glad I did not listen to others and go with something like Brohosting or Servercraft.

-Full FTP access is the best thing ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <--- I can not explain how much of difference in freedom that is from many other gaming hosting services. If you know what you are doing this means a world of difference and allows our server staff to bring our players a wonderful and different experience.

-Pricing, package deals are well priced. When take into account what hardware your actually getting as well as the care free servicing of that hardware it is great.

However, in all fairness not everything is rainbows and kittens. I have my gripes with a few things, like anybody else. Maybe in time some of these can even be addressed or already underway.

-Lack of communication: So many times I've ticketed an error, only to have the reply be, "Yeah we knew, and its been/being fixed." That's great, mind telling me somewhere next time so I don't waste my time checking everything on my ends. A small status update feature of problems and issues for VG on the user panel would be wonderful. Which nicely roles into my next one...

-The Minecraft Panel: Most things on it are fairly well done, and although I certainly do prefer it to MyMCAdmins design, one thing drives me nuts. The start, stop, restart, and running status icons do not update in a timely fashion in the least way. This can be a pain in the butt when attempting to rebuild files to the latest bukkit dev builds.

-Tickets... Why is there no customer support staff on weekends. VeryGAMES <--- internet and gaming usage is largely based around the weekend. Fixing it on Monday after the peak does not help me. Also, why if I file a ticket am I banned from using IRC support? Does it matter how or where I get support as long as I get it in a timely and efficient manner? If I find a solution prior to my ticket being answered, I'd obviously cancel it so not to plug up the support system. So I really don't see how this helps, specially on weekends.

So there, I have certainly enjoyed our time with verygames, and the problems I have had certainly are not enough to instantly drive us away, but they do exist.

Hey Frozencan(adian)! Thanks for the great feedback.

As for the details in the tickets, I replied to the one you sent us last night about the database Out of Memory issue which it seems you have suffered from more than just a couple times in the past few months.

I've given you the details about this breakdown which is in the process of getting a fix for good.

Best regards from ticketman,

Thank you for your replies both here and on the support ticket. Thank you for taking time to address my questions and concerns openly on both.

Just to clarify, I completely understand not including tech information needlessly in the tickets. You and your team are professionals I trust you as such. Meant it would be nice to have some sort of news feed on the panel that you guys could just flash an alert "SQL issues, on it". That way I would not need bother you with questions in tickets for problems your already well aware of needlessly. That can probably get pretty annoying.

Thank you for the full information in this case though, and your continued great work.