News ticker
  • Bienvenue sur le nouveau forum VeryGames
  • Welcome to the new VeryGames forum
  • VeryNews

Need help setting myself as admin

EMPRR

Messages recommandés

Hello,

I recently got a Space Engineers server. And i'm not that used to all the scripting and such.

I got most things how i want them right now, but i cant manage to make myself admin.

I play through Steam, so i know i have to copy my ID to the "script" (dont know what its called) to the SpaceEngineers-Dedicated.cfg file.

But everytime i change it and start the server it gives this error:

Exception during DS config load: System.InvalidOperationException: There is an error in XML document (51, 3). ---> System.Xml.XmlException: The 'Administrators' start tag on line 45 position 4 does not match the end tag of 'MyConfigDedicated'. Line 51, position 3.

How do i solve this?

Two questions:

1: Which steam id code are you using? There are two types, alphanumeric (starts with STEAM_0 or similar), and numeric (long number just numbers). Its the last one that you need to use.

2: Are you entering this info on the in the config section of the server manager on verygames website, or are you remotely accessing file of server and editing them yourself?

I made myself admin by entering this numeric code in the administrator field on the config page of my server manager. This is the page after you log into verygames website select your server as though you were changing world settings. You may need to restart your server after entering you id into the administrator field.