Aller au contenu
News ticker
  • Bienvenue sur le nouveau forum VeryGames
  • Welcome to the new VeryGames forum
  • VeryNews

Minecraft Mods + Texture Pack Questions

Geoffrey38

Messages recommandés

Hello, If im in the wrong section on the forums please re-direct me thanks.

So i'm considering purchasing a Minecraft server however before I do I would like to know if it is possible to have texture packs and mods installed on the server. On my offline version of Minecraft I have a texture pack and I really like it and my friends have the same so if we could get a server we would like to know if it is possible to have texture packs installed ready to go for us or weather we have to install the texture pack ourselves.

Also would it be possible to have certain mods running on the server, such as the hot air balloon mod, portal gun, pokeballs, Mo Creatures, advanced mod and others I guess. As niether myself or any of my friends can get mods installed on our own personal version of Minecraft we would like to know if some how if we rent a server if it would be possible to have mods can be used, either pre-installed or we would have to figure out how to install them our selves.

Also just quickly myself and all of my friends live in Australia so is it still possible to rent a server and if so will it lag and be unplay able? I understand all online games lag like Call of Duty and other games all lag but would it make the server unplayable.

PS: with the mods i've got the mod files, so for the portal gun mod i've got the win.rar file that contains the mod i've just got no idea how to get them working.

Thanks.

Hello :)

Someone tell me if i'm wrong, but the textures pack are only to be installed on the client side.

At the moment it is not possible to install a Mod on the Minecraft VQS offers, but we are already working on this, and it should be possible to do it this week :)

You will just have to upload the .jar file by FTP.

We already have some customers from Australia, and no problem were reported.

You can check by yourself by connecting our public server: 77.111.207.233:25565

Do not hesitate to give a feedback :)

Thanks alot for that help I really enjoyed playing on the server unfortunatly I couldn't get into any chests or houses but thats alright I had a good look around however I hate complain its just that when I first tryed to connect to the server it came up saying bad log in so I tryed again in an hour and it worked fine but on the server when I found some dirt I could dig up, after I destroyed a block of dirt the little dirt cube appeared about a second and a half after I destroyed the block, the same happened when I hit a cow about a second and a half after I hit it the cow went red and made a moo noise so before I go ahead and rent a server I just want to know is there anything I can do on my end to stop that from happening as its most likely my end thats lagging however may the lag also be because there were quite a few people on the server when I was on?

Also quickly about the texture packs and mods, the server was displayed in exactly the same texture pack as I have installed so thank you for filling me in there and about the mods i'm sure it won't be too complicated to get them running on the server.

So thank you very much for the reply and I will definatly be renting the server as I had lots of fun on the public server erlier.

Thank you very much :)

Yes, texture packs are run on the client side :)

As far as I know you can't run any mods too directly from the server, but don't know what you mean with that, I do know that you can install plugins for bukkit (not minecraft server) that could do the same things as certain single player mods, only on server level, but maybe I am wrong about that.

You can install some java mod (the Gunmod for example) that require the minecraft_server.jar to be modified. This is possible now, by using our Openmod system :)

---------- Post added at 23h12 ---------- Previous post was at 23h10 ----------

Geoffrey38 : Can you me me the server ID please? So I can perform some tests.