News ticker
  • Bienvenue sur le nouveau forum VeryGames
  • Welcome to the new VeryGames forum
  • VeryNews

OpenMod Java

fistashqa

Messages recommandés

Ok guys.

I'm Russian, and as you know, we use Cyrillic alphabet. It's possible to use Russian characters in chat, but only after patching "craftbukkit.jar" file. I patched it (just replaced font.txt file) and tried upload to my FTP. I got an error, something like "you have no access". I wrote to support, and they said "use OpenMod JAVA". Ok, i installed it, and tried to upload craftbukkit.jar file to /games/minecraft/openmod - the same error. So, i have a question. What should i do?

P.S. Sorry for bad eng.

Modifié par fistashqa

Not completely clear here, you have access to ftp appearantly but this sounds more like you don't have write access.

To use craftbukkit in openmod Java, you need to rename the craftbukkit jar file to minecraft_server.jar, because that is the file being called when you press the start server button in the verygames panel.

Did you rename the craftbukkit jar file to minecraft_server.jar?

I have not really tried all this, but I asked verygames about mapviewer and backup and they tell me that it should still work in openmod.

Verygames panel is still there, except you can't install any plugins from there anymore, since you have choosen to do everything yourself, but restart etc. still works.

Just a question do you really need openmod? I mean administering a server can be hard at times, and with openmod it has become even more advanced. My advice is to try to get the craftbukkit package to work on this server through the verygames panel and from there get some nice and working setup.

After this you may try to get this setup transferred to openmod, that is if you really need this.

yup, i renamed it!

and i rly need this. installation plugins - this is not hard, and i rly need russian characters in chat!

---------- Post added at 21:57 ---------- Previous post was at 21:56 ----------

ok, i renamed, than just start my server? or i must do something in web panel?

Think starting your server must do the trick, I tested this out before and it worked for me too. I am not yet running my server in openmod java though, but am planning on doing this asap, but my reason isn't that urgent as yours, since I only want to have total control of the plugins and server etc.

If the server starts, but you can't sign in, could you copy / paste the output on the console? You can do this in verygames panel by going to maintenance and click on console logs.

Well I am not completely sure how this works, but it should work, even when I didn't try this myself yet, don't want to use a live production server for testing :)

I did ask this over 1 week ago in a support ticket and this is the answer they gave me.....

Hello,

You have to download the CraftBukkit binary here

:

http://bukkit.org/

And upload it into your openmod folder on your FTP.

Once done you have to rename it to minecraft_server.jar, and

you'll have the lastest Craftbukkit running onto your server.

Now ofcourse I did some small testing and had craftbukkit renamed and my server did start, but because I don't have a test server at my disposal, am planning to get one, but don't have one yet, so I didn't do any extensive testing, and ofcourse I didn't patch the jar file in any way, but the server did start..... Only problem I was having that the plugins didn't load, but again, this was just a small test and will do some more testing in a later stage.

I do not work for verygames myself, I am only a moderator on this forum on a voluntary base and I try to help everybody, but I think you should open a support ticket, since this problem seems to be very specific. I am aware that they can't offer full support on openmod, but I think that maybe there is some other problem going on on your server.

Does the console logs tab show any output, because if it does, the server does start, but might stop again because of other issues. If you get any console output, maybe you can show it inhere, so I could take a look at it.